My hostfamily had a big kids Halloween party over here that day so I was very busy drawing ghosts, watching a magician show and organising the kids' face-painting appointments...ha!
So sweet (literally!! ...and very American) - they got me a big "Happy Birthday Cake" with lots of icing on top! Careful - one piece and your stomache goes crazy! ;-)
You might think now - what was my present? Well, I guess everyone knows I'm not such a big fan of presents and all that cause I just can handle it when people make me big presents. Honestly, the bigger - the worst. Not that I don't like it but maybe I'm just weird when it comes to this.
Now you might imagine how I felt when my hostdad told me he just got me the flight home for March I had been looking on the internet for ages. What?! (Or maybe they just wanna get rid of me?! ;-) )
No seriously, they knew how much it would mean to me to go back and see my family, friends, this one guy who lives in "Non-Europe" - Europe and my little nephew who is gonna be born at the beginning of March. I still can't believe it!!! So that means I'm gonna spend about a week back at home, awesome!

The rest of my birthday was just amazing! Though I thought my birthday just wouldn't be the same and kind of sad away from home, from my friends and everyone that I would love to celebrate with - but you guys here in Atlanta and also home sending me all these nice things proved me wrong!
What a night out!
We had dinner at the Cheesecake Factory - don't worry - you can also get "normal" food apart from cheesecake ;-) After that, we went out to a club in Midtown Atlanta called the "Opera" and thanks to Hannah we got into the VIP lounge which was so posh. Oh gosh!
I mean of course I liked the Prosecco and everything we got but it was a bit too much when people suddenly started throwing one-dollar notes down from the balcony where the lounge is down to the people on the dancefloor. Funny thing though: I think they really liked it, grapped the money and danced, danced like it's the last, last night of their lives, lives....hahaha! Crazy Americans...but as long as everyone is happy and content...!

Well, all in all it was great fun and amazing night out- dinner, drinks, dancing - I like!
Thanks everyone!!
I'm so sad I missed your birthday !!!
AntwortenLöschenSeems like you had fun !!!
Wer sind denn die zwei Herren in schwarz o.O :D
AntwortenLöschenJetzt kannst du mal raten, wer das geschrieben hat :D :D
I love your stories about your life in the US :o)
AntwortenLöschenYou were missing at our graduation party :o(
meine liebe dani, schön das du einen so tollen geburtstag feiern konntest. vermisse dich und hab dich lieb. deine mama.
AntwortenLöschen