10/14/2010

Shoes, Shopping and other fun stuff!

Fun time - fun stuff! But what do you do in your spare time when you don't have to take care of the kids? I haven't decided which College I want to go to yet so at the moment I am definitely trying to fill my time by going to the gym, meeting up with other Au Pairs for breakfast, lunch or dinner, go to the movies...okay and maybe now and then a little visit at the mall...just to look around though!
But you know how hard it is not to buy something you really like (and need of course! ;)
Also...how else can I fill the big closet? And no, I don't think it's the time for worrying about how to get all the stuff back to Germany yet.
I know - that's not a perfect plan but "No need to be perfect when you look good!" - as a clothes company's advertising campaign once claimed! I totally agree!






Free weekends are also supposed to be something special, so Hannah, Anna and me (yeah odd one out: Hannah, Anna and...Danica?! haha Whatever!) decided to go to the "Cumming Fair" and we finally found that the American stereotype does exist, even if we couldn't find it in our perfect Wisteria Lane World...there they were: well-fed Americans with tacky looking sports clothes, either big big t-shirts with terrible prints on there or far too small tops, bad or even no teeth and fastfood in their hands (and we were a little confused as people nibbling on huge 4 pounds chicken legs were walking by...haha! This must be America!)
My hostmum tried to prepare us before we left saying "...oh that might be the first little culture shock for you...there are lots of..."country people"..." Right - we finally got the message! Hilarious!
Oh and here's the German stereotype - we are all sooo tall compared to Americans - like Anna, Hannah and me. Sure. I didn't know Americans are so famous for being midgets - and tiny - and petite people? And here come these biiiig German people, uuh! We probably need no costumes for Halloween?



So for Saturday we thought...why not continuing doing typical American things? There it was, our ultimate American Pie sleep-over date! Hannah's bed is approximately three times the size of mine so that it was a pretty comfortable night - at least for me as I'm used to my tiny little bed! (I know - massive room - small bed. What is that supposed to tell me?!)





Right...so just some little impressions of our crazy weekend - enjoy!


Thank god it's already Friday tomorrow!!! ;-)


1 Kommentar: