10/18/2010

Friday morning at the Georgia Department of Driver Services

Yeah, I got my Georgia driver's license on Friday  for $20.00 - what a bargain!!
I know, it sounds like I just bought it in a random shop but it is pretty much like that. It's so easy...here are the instructions:




Step 1 - Signing up
You just turn up with any random car, whenever you want with how many driving lessons and practice you want (usually none at all I guess)...okay you need a social securtiy number in advance.


Step 2 - Written Tests
These two tests consists of 20 questions each of which you're allowed to answer 5 wrong each. Makes 40 questions - get any 10 wrong and you'll still make it. Wohoo! Also, I have to say that they only give you three choices, sometimes only two which makes a 50-50 chance to answer correctly. I know, I was never really good at stochastics but I know for sure that lots of idiots can easily pass the test just by taking a guess.


Step 3 - Road Test
Oh my gosh, how hilarious is that?! Drive around on a parking lot (excuse me - I translate to British English: car park), parking the car, stopping at stop signs and then leave the parking lot for a little cruise around the next neighborhood where the speedlimit is 25 mph, no traffic and no challenges but mailboxes and trash cans and the neighbor's dog?! Well...alright then!


Step 4 - Go back in the office and get it!
Good start for the weekend!


I had great fun that morning cause I didn't expect it to be like that. ha! 
best photo ever!
And now, at least, I'm not wondering anymore why so many people got so many interesting ways of interpreting stop signs, lights or speed limits (there are so many ways to interpret it! :D ).


Driving in America is fun, everyone does - everyone needs it! 
Okay - I can see that there are huge distances from A to B everywhere...but sometimes my nan could even sprint the distance they're using the car for!


Good job my Acura was dead today when I wanted to leave for the garage to check where this disgusting smell in the air conditioning was coming from. The handiman who was around our house told me the smell must be coming from the battery - only problem that the car couldn't be moved anywhere anymore. It got fixed eventually, a new battery can make such a big difference!
(....and no mum, I still haven't been involved in any accidents yet! haha)




3 Kommentare: