9/07/2010

My last week in Germany - The countdown is on...

Hey guys!


Well, I finally managed to create this blog which will hopefully turn out as good opportunity to post things that are going on in the US on here to share some experiences, nice places, ideas, jokes, pictures etc. with you!
I really wanna stay in touch with all of you guys but as I thought it might be really hard to reply emails individually, it could be a good idea to give you some impressions on my US life on here.
I'm no expert in this so if things look a bit wrong on here - I hope my bloggin skills will improve soon ;-)


Oh and by the way, I chose to write in English cause I know some very important people won't understand the German stuff I would be talking about. And I know that google translator doesn't always do a very perfect job and I actually don't wanna get in trouble for any misunderstandings it is causing. haha!


Mum, if you managed to read through this up to here: I am sorry for being horrible but you could maybe use google translator, you will find some well-explained instructions how to do this on your desk though I trust your computer skills without any doubt ;-)


Right, some of you might not even exactly know what I'm gonna do for the next 12 months.
During the last couple of months I've been preparing things for my year as an AuPair in the US of A!
Despite all the things that were going on in my mind about the disadvantages of not taking the great chance to continue my big career as a possible future chairman (or should we say chairwoman?) of a big German telecommunication company, I finally made up my mind and decided to follow my heart. Some people might call me crazy, I'd consider myself perfectly happy!  (and even happier if the Atlantic Ocean was just a little pond which made it a short hop to a European country whose inhabitants don't even consider themselves as part of Europe. Funny story! A different currency is everything I guess! haha)


The application procedure started in May already which was basically handing in tons of papers, references, CVs, photos etc. to my agency. 
After the eligibility interview, a visa appointment in Berlin (thanks again to Tina for having me, I still believe it was Ryanair's fault! haha),  lots of bureaucratic work and the parallel finishing of my studies, I had somehow managed to get everything together to be able to leave the country. Wow!


But the most important: my wonderful hostfamily in Georgia that I got to know a couple of months ago.
When my hostmum called me for the first time just very shortly to let me know she has seen my profile in the AuPair Room and she would want to get to know me better, I already felt this interview is gonna be different from the ones with previous families. And it was! It soon turned out that for the the both of us - it was the perfect match. The hardest we tried to see if there was a another possible person / family to match with - there just wasn't.
My hostparents have to little boys aged 5 and 2 and expect a little girl in late November. I'm really excited!


So now I got a couple of days left to get prepared, pack my stuff, try to spend as much with my friends as possible, organise my little farewell party before I'll leave for Newark, New Jersey on Monday. This is the place where I'm gonna stay to attend the orientation workshops before I'll head to Atlanta on Friday and finally meet my hostfamily then! I just can't wait...


Yeah and of course, it's also hard to leave everyone behind knowing I'm not gonna see you again so soon... 
Leaving people in Bonn was hard and I'm really sad it didn't work to see you again for another time when I went there for the day - so sorry for that again. Jenny, I miss times in our apartment! :-/ Julia, I miss you a lot, you little gift is really gonna help me - it is quality!! Everyone else of the BA-BAs: good luck with your oral exam and a good start for your new jobs, also have great fun at graduation and please make a video of the quality speech ;-) 
Friends in Bremen and around: Thank you soo soo soo much for supporting me in everything I did during the last couple of months. I hope you know how important you are to me and how much I love you.
As I hate Goodbyes so much, I already have to apologise - it might hit me so hard on Saturday, Sunday and Monday that I'm gonna be in tears continuously. But lets spend another wonderful days together!


Okay, enough of that emotional talk. I hope you're gonna enjoy reading the stuff I'm posting and I'm gonna try to do so on a regular base!


Hope to hear from you guys, speak soon! Take care!


Love, Danica


xxx

Keine Kommentare:

Kommentar veröffentlichen