9/12/2010

It's not a Goodbye - it's a See you later....

Saying Goodbye is always the hardest part and I absolutely hate it. Since yesterday I guess I said the G-word with 7 letters about 50 times or even more than that. Today, this one word made me cry all day. 
The closer the departure comes, the harder it gets and it brings tears into your eyes whenever you look into the eyes of a beloved person knowing the final minute has come. You hug them, try to hold them in your arms as long as you can while you're going through all the good memories you share. It is hard. Yes. But still, I'm trying to be looking forward to the moment I'll see you again...and it will be soon, for sure. It is just a see you later!


Well, this is the day after my farewell party and the day before my departure. This day has come so quickly on the one hand - and on the other I've been waiting for this to come for ages. I got a really weird feeling today, something which could be described as unhappily happy or so.
But despite this upsetting part, I know it's gonna be a very very cool experience which I am looking forward to. Just got to do this one last step and leave and I know it's gonna be an amazing time then.
I hope I'm gonna see lots of you guys in Atlanta!!


My flights gonna be tomorrow at 10.40 in the morning from Bremen to Frankfurt and from Frankfurt to Newark, New Jersey. Once we have arrived there, the shuttle to the hotel is gonna pick us up. We and us - that is about 25 German AuPairs and we don't even know yet how many more girls from countries all over the world will arrive. My flight to Atlanta is gonna be on Friday, 17th. So yeah, lets hope it's gonna be an exciting week with a great trip to New York City! :-)
That I might not be online for a couple of days but as soon as I got news and pictures I will let you know.


Thank you so much to everyone who made last night a very very nice get-together, thank you so much for all the little gifts, cards and letters. You're such amazing friends and you know it ;)


Lea thank you for having me this afternoon, thanks to our mum as well, I love you! xxx

1 Kommentar:

  1. I just saw that you mentioned me in your post. Well, we weren't "having" you, you are part of the family so why shouldnt you have been there!?! Love ya sis! :-*

    AntwortenLöschen